Mission and Core Values
Rochelle Zell Jewish High School creates a culture of academic excellence that inspires and prepares our students to think critically, achieve their full potential, and live Judaism as responsible and involved citizens in the modern world.
- Creates a culture of academic excellence that fosters critical thinking
- Inspires a reverence for and critical understanding of Torah
- Empowers students to find their own voices in a respectful community
- Integrates the wisdom and values of our heritage with the sciences, humanities and arts
- Cultivates a commitment to living Judaism in the modern world
- Shapes responsible and involved citizens who are dedicated to Tzedek and Chesed (acts of justice and compassion)
- Fosters loving and thoughtful engagement with Israel
Statement of Support for Israel
The creation of the State of Israel is one of the seminal events in Jewish history. Recognizing the significance of the State and its national institutions, we seek to instill in our students an attachment to the State of Israel and its people as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Rochelle Zell Jewish High School admits students of any race, color, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, or ethnic origin and grants them the rights, and offers them privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to all students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, sexual identity, gender identity, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletics or other school administered programs. Guidelines of the Conservative Movement are observed.
"I love the close community and all the friends that you can make. It doesn’t matter whether you are a freshmen or a senior you are able to be friends with everyone." - Lena R., '15