Rochelle Zell Jewish High School’s athletic program emphasizes the importance of good character, sportsmanship, life skills, and a healthy lifestyle. Our program teaches the values of integrity, respect, a strong work ethic, and teamwork while giving students of all ability levels an opportunity to participate in high school athletics.
Participation in athletics is an integral aspect of the overall Rochelle Zell Jewish High School experience. Student-athletes are challenged to strive for excellence, learn self-discipline and attain a strong work ethic that helps them succeed in athletics, in the classroom, and in the community.
Rochelle Zell Jewish High School provides student-athletes lifelong learning experiences by:
- developing integrity that contributes to the physical, social, emotional and intellectual dimensions of health
- encouraging change and growth through the opportunity to experience the positive impact their efforts have on their team, their school, and their community
- supporting a respectful environment where all student-athletes develop trusting and dependable relationships and work together to achieve a common goal
- cultivating sportsmanship by winning with humility and acknowledging defeat with dignity
- promoting the value and appreciation of physical fitness for a lifetime
Rochelle Zell is a member school of the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) which sets interscholastic competition guidelines for members schools and organizes state tournaments for varsity teams.
Rochelle Zell is also a member of the Chicago Prep Conference (CPC). Schools within the CPC include: Christ the King College Prep, Cristo Rey Jesuit, CICS Ellison, Holy Trinity High School, Chicago Hope Academy, Ida Crown Jewish Academy, Josephinum Academy, Northtown Academy. Our Lady of Tepeyac, Providence- St. Mel, and Walther Christian Academy.