Arts & Electives
Small class size and differentiated instruction help students at Rochelle Zell find and develop their individual voices.
They solve problems creatively and collaboratively, cultivate respect for individual differences, and develop a deep dedication to learning.
Our teachers are deeply committed to providing students with a comprehensive and well-rounded high school experience, and the fine, performing and literary arts program is an integral part of the school’s philosophy and curriculum. Our faculty members are trained professionals who strive to further students’ passion for the arts, help them realize their full artistic potential and cultivate an appreciation for the talents of their peers.
- Model UN won first place for the eighth year in a row at the International Model UN Conference where 3800 high school students were in attendance from 150 schools representing 27 different countries.
- Select music students are members of the RZJHS Chapter of the Tri-M Music Honor Society, an international music honor society for high school students.
- Rochelle Zell Jewish High School’s yearbook has been named a Jostens’ National Yearbook Program of Excellence.
- The Prints, our literary magazine won the Certificate of Excellence from the National Council of Teachers of English.
- The Annual Performing Arts Showcase features the Band, Dance Team and Vocal Ensemble
- Recent school musicals include "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee", "Little Shop of Horrors", and "Pippin"
"RZJHS taught me how to be an individual, how to think critically, and to how contribute to a larger community." - Sydni C., '09