" The teachers here are amazing. They are knowledgeable in the subjects that they teach, and in addition to being our teachers, they also become our friends."
Responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of organizational strategies to support marketing, communications and public awareness goals for Rochelle Zell Jewish High School.
• B.A. in Mass Communications, Broadcasting, English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field of study.
• Experience in marketing and/or communications. Video production and design experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with the Chicago Jewish community and its institutions
• Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects on tight deadlines.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Superior computer skills including Office 365, website content management systems, Photoshop, InDesign, video editing software, Google Analytics, Google Apps for Education and cloud based applications.
• SEO / SEM experience
• Self-starter; ability to work independently
• Ability to work well in a team environment and build strong relationships
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Serve as the primary resource and support for marketing and promotional activities throughout the organization.
• Develop concepts for Rochelle Zell’s collateral materials, including but not limited to brochures, newsletters, e-blasts, articles and school regalia.
• Manage production schedule and traffic all projects from start to finish.
• Liaise with staff and with outside vendors to make sure projects meet deadlines.
• Manage the department budget, print purchases and submit/reconcile all invoices.
Social Media and Online
• Design and develop an online marketing strategy and produce emails, online ads, website and create continuous content to help SEO.
• Implement regular updates, maintenance, tracking, reporting, and expansion of the Rochelle Zell website.
• Develop and implement social media strategy across multiple outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) as well as oversee analytics and reporting on specific campaigns and channels.
Media and Community Relations
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with media.
• Identify opportunities to promote Rochelle Zell in the media, including the preparation of press releases and writing feature articles.
• Develop and manage the school’s advertising both online and in print, including its concepts, themes and design.
• Monitor placement of advertising in both Jewish and secular publications.
Video and Broadcast
• Develop a yearly video plan that includes themes, storylines and pre- production strategies.
• Film, produce and edit videos for campaigns, events and community messages.
• Manage the school’s live broadcasting program through High School Cube.
Please send resume and cover letter to Sheri Sandrof at email@example.com.