HOW TO APPLY
Applying to Rochelle Zell Jewish High School is easy! The following checklist will assist you in getting acquainted with Rochelle Zell Jewish High School, completing your student’s application and preparing documents supporting his/her application. The application can be submitted electronically or printed out and submitted as a hard copy.
- Take advantage of the many opportunities to visit Rochelle Zell Jewish High School. Schedule a private tour, schedule a Student Shadow Day or attend the Rochelle Zell Open House. You can also attend an informational meeting in your neighborhood.
Please note: A $150.00 fee must accompany this application. The fee covers the cost of processing this application. It is nonrefundable and will not be applied to the tuition charge. The applicant is considered a candidate for admissions only after this application is received and the application fee is submitted.
- Tuition Assistance Application Due January 9, 2017. If you apply for admission after January 9, the Tuition Assistance Application needs to be submitted within two weeks. Funds are limited, so families are encouraged to apply early. Families of incoming freshmen and their siblings will receive notification of acceptance and tuition assistance determinations by mail.
- Incoming freshmen need to take a placement test. The test determines a student’s high school readiness and suggests appropriate course placement for freshman year. Sign up for the Rochelle Zell placement test. Placement tests are administered on Sunday, December 11th or Sunday, January 15th. All testing takes place at Rochelle Zell Jewish High School. Students who have already taken the ISEE may submit copies of their scores with their application and do not need to retake the test at Rochelle Zell. Note: Students receiving extended test time need to register for the December 11th testing date.
- Once all application materials are received (including teacher recommendations and school transcripts), students and their parents schedule an interview. These half-hour interviews are scheduled primarily during school hours, with some availability on Sundays and evenings.
- Families who have completed an interview will receive notification of acceptance and tuition assistance awards by mid-February.
- Mazal Tov! Once you sign and submit your enrollment agreement, students will be contacted to register for classes.